[C320-list] Xantrex 1500 Inverter Installation Project

danny jensen danny at jensenshouse.com
Thu May 22 15:41:55 PDT 2014

I just finished the installation of a Xantrex inverter to power tools,
electronics, blender and a hair dryer now that I have a 100A alternator.
My girl friend Deanna is very happy about this addition.

The inverter is mounted just above the starboard book shelf area mounted
underneath the shelf next to the battery switch selector. I used a dead
short value 250A MRBF fuse at the battery to #1 wire to a 150A breaker
then #2 wire for the run to the inverter. I didn't want to risk the
battery terminal getting hot so I needed a short segment of #1 wire. The
wire costs as much as the inverter. I did run a 1500 watt heat gun with
the inverter to test the design. The Project cost was about $250.00

Pictures are on the Catalina 320 site. I also have created a .pdf for
internet only people.

http://www.mammothcondos.com/inverter-install-C320.pdf

Danny Jensen
Redondo Beach ,CA