[C320-list] Backstay blocks... question for you engineering types

Tony Murphy tony at midwestphysics.com
Thu May 22 15:41:48 PDT 2014

Lou,

I have not used one of the backstay adjuster’s you’re referring to (I believe you’re talking about the one made by CS Johnson… here… http://www.defender.com/product.jsp?path=-1%7C118%7C2358491%7C2358500&id=76471)

The notes say that there should be a 1.5:1 ratio between the backstay base width and car height.  But I believe it should say something along  the lines of “The car won’t release if it’s higher than 1.5 times the width of the base (distance between two backstay turnbuckles).

Because of this, I decided to go with the 3 Harken wire blocks… which Jon Vez indicated in his writeup.  I am modifying Jon’s installation a bit and will post comments in a couple weeks after I have it installed.

Tony
Bella Sol #886