[C320-list] Forespar sink drains

B. Stumpp bstumpp at comcast.net
Thu May 22 19:17:16 PDT 2014

Ted,

I battled with the Forespar sink drains just a couple of weeks ago.
Couldn't believe the screwy (pun intended) method of tightening the drains.
I even called Forespar to ask if I was doing something wrong and got a rant
from a guy saying he worked there "25 years and never got any complaints".
I suggested he do some Internet searches.  They would work for a single sink
but a bad design for a double sink.  Some Catalina 356 owners suggested
drains by Ambassador so I returned the Forespar drains and ordered these
from Defender:

http://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?path=-1|51|2234213
<http://www.defender.com/product3.jsp?path=-1|51|2234213&id=2117198>
&id=2117198

MUCH easier to install and less expensive.  You will have to use a Dremel to
enlarge the hole in the sinks by about 1/16"  but that was no big deal.
Tape a cup under the holes when you Dremel to avoid a mess under the sinks.
Note these drains also don't hang down as far as the Forespar drains and
allow more space under the sinks.

Bruce Stumpp

647, Adventure

Frog Mortar Creek, Maryland