[C320-list] Companionway hatch binding

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Tue May 27 03:47:50 PDT 2014

I removed the seahood on hull #582. The job is actually quite easy--just cut
into the existing bedding around the hood with an razor, then unscrew. The
hardest part is removing all of the bedding residue around the hood and boat
so that new bedding will take the seal. I used 3M4000UV to reseal.
I found a little block of wood at the head of the sea hood that is used as a
stop. It was quite rotted. I dried it out and coated it with Git-Rot.
Finally I used the Teflon furniture tape that others mentioned and as Warren
did, I put it under the hatch instead of on the boat--worked much better
until I sold the boat...
Good luck..