[C320-list] Companionway hatch binding

Jon Vez jonvez at comcast.net
Tue May 27 05:44:56 PDT 2014

No. The cover is just a shell and there is no hardware that needs to come
off. It comes off in about 15 minutes. The tricky part is either waiting for
a weather window or taping a plastic tarp over the opening while you work at
removing the factory sealant on both the shell and the boat side. If you
don't get it all off, the new bedding will not adhere completely. I taped
off either side and laid a very thick bead as the gap is quite substantial.
I actually did this while I still had my cover on so I could take my time
with prep.