[C320-list] Boom Vang Hydraulic Spring

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Fri May 30 06:55:24 PDT 2014

So far, all of the Boom Vang related posts are from hulls 600 and later. I
suspect these hulls all have the Selden mast/boom. We have 62 with the older
(non-Selden) mast/boom and our vang has never supported the boom. I'm
wondering if it ever did. Can anyone with the original mast/boom tell me if
I should expect the vang to support the boom? If so, has anyone had to
replace the internal spring mechanism?
Thanks,

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62