[C320-list] Water tank leak

clburti at gmail.com clburti at gmail.com
Sat May 31 05:19:39 PDT 2014

Jack,

The tank is polyethylene, not fiberglass reinforced polyester. It is a tough and flexible material, so leaks are rare.

Removal is and replacement is simple. Empty. Disconnect the hoses, unscrew the boards across the top that hold it in place and lift it out. Catalina designs everything to come in and go back out the companionway.

Once you have it out, you can check it for leaks properly.

If it is leaking, replace it. It is virtually impossible to get an adhesive to bond permanently to PE under the conditions our tanks are subjected.

Expensive is relative…and subjective…you can one from Catalina or measure and get one from Ronco plastics…they enjoy a great reputation and have an incredible selection.

http://ronco-plastics.com/

Fair Winds
Chris Burti
Commitment