[C320-list] Shallow Bilge '94 C320

Rick Sulewski rsulewski at bex.net
Mon Nov 10 08:33:41 PST 2014

Bill,
Did you see my message below on the list I sent on Nov 6th as follows?

Bill,
Regarding the shallow bilge: The solution that I found workable over the
last 20 seasons is to contain the bilge water in the first compartment where
the pump is located by plugging & sealing the drain hole leading to the
other forward compartments. There is certainly a risk and requires a
periodic check of the forward most compartment ahead of the mast (where my
transducers are located). I simply keep that smaller forward floor panel
unattached because it lies tightly in its place and can be easily lifted to
check if there is any moisture (that has never occurred over the years). If
the keel bolts begin to leak,  moisture will also appear in the forward most
compartment. The normal trick to keeping a dry bilge and any water from
intruding under the liner is to use Gortex shaft packing and/or removing any
water in the first bilge compartment to avoid excess water from sloshing out
and then under the liner while sailing.
Rick
My-Ria, 95 C320 #277