[C320-list] Hull rub rail

Alan Goodman goodmanalanlee at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 9 13:38:53 PDT 2014

Art - I had a similar issue.  I used a rubber mallet.  The back side of the vinyl profile is "taller" than the receiving "track" in the stainless.  You need to place the bottom of the vinyl profile inside the lower track lip and use the mallet by striking the top of the vinyl rub rail  in a "down and in" direction.  The top portion of the profile will snap into the top of the track.  BTW, acetone generally removes all marks from the vinyl insert and leaves it looking new.  I don't think the silicon is a good idea in that it may make it easier for the vinyl profile to later pull out.  Also, depending in if the 'incident' moved the vinyl profile laterally, you may need to adjust the lateral positioning to get a perfect lay flat.  Alan  Hull 67 Holland MI