[C320-list] C320-list Digest, Vol 2182, Issue 1

colloua5 at aol.com colloua5 at aol.com
Sun Oct 26 10:56:08 PDT 2014

I have noticed the white connection fittings on the blue pex water lines fail. It was a common problem with these fittings when they were introduces in the 90's.
I am spending this winter re-piping the water system with new "Pex" 1/2 with all brass fittings.
I have already replaced the two factory ball valves located at the water pump. I am also going to add a few "Tee" fittings with clean outs using ball valves to expedite the winter blow out with compressed air, this should eliminate any water locks.

I anticipate the project to cost approx $ 175 , but it will be a worth while investment. If anyone considers this only purchase the pex in straight lengths not the roll !!!

I use all "shark Bite brand fittings found at any home depot and the crimping tool cost about $ 40.00

Lou Reszoly
427