[C320-list] C320-list Digest, Vol 2182, Issue 1

Bill Culbertson billculb_a2 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 28 16:29:28 PDT 2014

David,

I just did this last month on #859.  Same symptom as you - I removed the pump and put the intake end into a bowl of water and nothing is pumped out.  I opened it up to ensure nothing was lodged and it was clear.  They don't make that actual model anymore (31610-0092) but Jabsco has an updated model which I bought:  #32601-0092.
The new model fits perfectly in the existing space with existing screw holes.  Plumbing and electrical are same except that the quick disconnect for the plumbing is MUCH better (bigger, easier to use).  I bought from Roger at Water Pumps Now.

I discovered that the reinstall is MUCH easier if you put in the two outboard screws part way and then just slide the pump underneath the screw heads with the rubber shock absorbers in place.  Then attach the 2 inboard screws and tighten all 4 down.  You are screwing down the outboard ones blind once the pump is in place so it is good if they are already in the holes and holding the pump. Then attach the hoses via the quick connects by sliding the latch, pushing the hose into place and slide the latches back to grab it. Play with the quick connects while the pump is out of the box in your hands before you have it mounted so you're clear on how they work.  When I removed the pump I had no idea there were plumbing quick connects. Wish I had known :)  Knowing that made putting everything back much easier.  The pump comes with a replacement water strainer which I'm keeping as a spare and with replacement hose-to-quick-connect fittings which I'm keeping as
 spares.  That is, I didn't change out any of that stuff with the new ones.

The wiring is 12g from Catalina and 14g on the pump (as I remember).  I think this was true for the original model.  So you can either use a stepdown butt connector or use compatible spade male/females.  OEM was a butt connector.

 -bill culbertson
  Harmony #859