[C320-list] Whisker pole info

katchu at chartermi.net katchu at chartermi.net
Thu Sep 18 14:56:50 PDT 2014

Does anyone have any recommendations for using a whisker pole with a 150%

headsail?  I’m having trouble keeping the pole off the front stay and concerned that if the pole and stay are rubbing, it will eat through the pole quickly.  I have an adjustable ring, but couldn’t move the ring high enough to avoid those stays.  Do I just need to get the clew further forward?  How about running the jib sheets below the lifelines?  Please share your experience.

Chuck Mueller

Northwind #676

Holland, MI