[C320-list] Microwave Replacement

Guy Smith smitski2001 at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 22 06:53:21 PDT 2014

Hi Trudi,

I wanted to relate to you that when I bought Pleiades, there was a microwave installed in the center cabinet. After some time sailing Pleiades, we realized that the times that we used the microwave (never I think) did not justify taking up the whole center cabinet (and the added weight). We took the microwave out and I made a new cabinet door out of teak, since I couldn't find an OEM replacement. finding the matching latch and hinge hardware was relatively easy. We really enjoy the extra storage.

~Guy

sv Pleiades
’97 Catalina 320 #452

"And like all true seaman, absent of any
  forethought whatsoever..." -Robinson Crusoe 1659