[C320-list] Interior Rust Treatment

Jeffrey Kapec jkapec at tkdg.com
Fri Apr 17 07:51:27 PDT 2015

Hello Joel:

One of the latest treatments to manage rust is utilized by autobody
shops.  There is a surface sealer that is applied to the rusted surface
after the rusted surface has been wirebrushed.  It forms an oxide skin
on the rust to provide a base that should not permit oxygen contact
(like the copper oxide)  Once this dries you can paint over it and
provide another protective coating that will better resist water and
moisture permeation. So for example if you want to prevent rust scale on
the chassis of a pickup you would apply this and then paint on top. I so
not have the name of that product in front of me, its in my garage at home.

Jeff Kapec
petite suite hull #718

---