[C320-list] shaft alignment after haulout

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 06:53:15 PDT 2015

The hull flexes in the slings and more so if weight is rested on the
keel. When the vessel goes back in the water it largely returns to its
former shape after a couple of days, but not always. It's not hard to
check alignment and not hard to adjust if not far out of spec.

It's very difficult to align if the faces on coupler are not square
with the shaft and parallel to each other.

We published an article on this in Mainsheet a couple of years ago and
it may be on the website.

Thanks, Chris BurtiFrom: bev.wright