[C320-list] 2 coats of VC17.

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net
Mon Apr 27 07:32:14 PDT 2015

You will likely get several versions but for me:
I put a barrier coat(s) on first.  Then I put a different color ablative on next.  (If I want final blue bottom I put red on as first coat.)  While tacky (Not fresh but not days hard either) I put on the final color of ablative.
It's been a while but most cans (read can's instructions) will say something like wait 2-4 hours or so or maximum X hours between coats etc....  I think it's like 4-8 hours?  Probably depends on humidity etc....
The reason for the red coat first is to give you a warning when you are getting to the bottom layer.  If all the colors were the same you won't know you need bottom paint until you see gelcoat.  If you see red then you know you are on the last layer and it's definitely time to pull her and recoat.
2 cents
 Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net
H (919)-362-8538C (919)-618-7185