[C320-list] Additiional ignition keys or replacement ignition switch

Beverly Wright bev.wright at verizon.net
Thu Apr 30 17:50:40 PDT 2015

I have a Perkins engine and the ignition switch has four wires, one of which
goes to the glow plug so when I turn the key, I hold it in the "heater"
position for 30 secs before turning to the START position.  I wanted an
extra key for safety but wasn't able to find a key blank anywhere. Catalina
referred me to Dennis Igarashi, Seaward (mentioned in this list before) ,
and he didn't have any keys so I purchased a new ignition switch from him.
But it only has 3 wires and the marine tech company here traced the wires
back to the engine and found that the original had 4 wires.  Has anyone
found a key replacement or a 4-wire ignition switch, or will the 3-wire
somehow work?

Thanks.

Bev Wright

s/v Whoosh #15 (1993)