[C320-list] Transmission Fluid

Greg Flanagan greg.flanagan at shaw.ca
Mon Aug 24 14:15:27 PDT 2015

Hull numbers please.

On my Yanmar Y3M30 with aft engine cowl off, forward of the seacock you see the drive shaft coming out of the transmission. There is a small (orange base) screw in/out dipstick on starboard side of transmission. Screw this out and insert suction mechanism. I use my oil extractor. The transmission does not use much oil. There has been much discussion of how to make this dipstick easier to read.

Forward of the transmission starboard side you can see the oil filter and it is extracted from this aft cowl. With the cabin side engine cowl off allows access to the engine oil dipstick (forward end of the engine towards the starboard.

Cheers,

Greg
Hoop Dancer #1076
Sidney, BC