[C320-list] Bird Problem

Timothy Osburn tosburn1958 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 12:27:50 PST 2015

I have a major bird problem on my boat.  The last two weekends, I had to
haul buckets of water on deck ( because the marina water is turned off for
the winter ) and scrub the decks to get the bird guano off. We're not
talking about one or two unsightly little messes here.  We're talking about
my boat looking like the Galapagos Islands.  Apparently, every migratory
bird in North America on their way to their Florida condo's has stopped in
and left the calling card on my decks.

Last weekend, I bought one of those stupid plastic owls and strung it up
with the main halyard and tied it off so it was in the middle of the
mainsail triangle area.  It made no difference and in fact, the boat looked
worse this weekend then last weekend.

Short of opening up a guano factory and selling the stuff on eBay, does
anyone have any ideas getting rid of these damn things?  Thanks.

BTW - the boat is on Kent Island in the the Chesapeake.