[C320-list] Water leak around sliding companionway hatch

Ade Bateman lists at adrianba.net
Tue Jan 6 15:35:22 PST 2015

Hi,

I’ve been working through the various leaks (hull #257) including servicing the PSS and rebedding stanchions. It’s good to have a dry bilge but after the heavy rain in Seattle the past few days I discovered water leaking from the starboard side of the sliding hatch above the companionway. I’m not quite sure how water is getting in yet – I could see by pushing the hatch upwards that there was water between the plastic and the side rails that it sits on.

It’s not a lot of water but I would like to prevent it getting in. Does anyone know how this is supposed to be sealed or have ideas where to start looking?

Thanks.

_   _  | Ade Bateman
/ \-/ \ | Seattle, WA, USA
\/)"(\/ | bateman at acm.org