[C320-list] Rocna anchor

Beverly Wright bev.wright at verizon.net
Sat Jul 11 20:47:32 PDT 2015

Greg, I mentioned the following before.

"We had to get a new boom bail as the original one was too short to enable
the anchor to be pulled down and secured on the cleat in the anchor locker.
The bail had to be 3" wide and at least 4.5 inches high. I found only one
that worked that was not too tall - Shaefer 3" x 5" boom bail (West Marine
part 90-07)."

I actually bought it at Fawcett's in Annapolis off the rack because West
Marine did not have it in stock. However, I have hull #15 and I gather from
other posts that the later models may have had a different roller or boom
bail making this not necessary, but it was for us. The original boom bail
was too low to allow the anchor to drop down fully into the slot so that the
anchor locker hatch would close. I have seen other Catalina's at my marina
that have no boom bail at all, probably because they removed it to tie the
anchor down to the cleat and didn't feel it was necessary to replace it, but
I've never talked directly to those owners so I'm just guessing at that.

Bev Wright
Whoosh #15
Edgewater, MD