[C320-list] water heater

jim brown jbrown5093 at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 12 12:57:47 PDT 2015

There have been several posts about leaking hot water heaters and how to remove and replace the unit (all very helpful) when it leaks after about 10 years (our hull 973 is now 10 years old so I'm right on time). I never thought about it before but are most leaks from the engine coolant part of the tank or the fresh water part? I detected a small amount of antifreeze and water in the bilge after motoring and there seems to be dried pink liquid behind the tank. Trying to sort out before removing the tank if a leak in the hose connections is more probable than a leak in heat exchanger of the tank.

Jim BrownDesafinado 973