[C320-list] Low speed under Load

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Mon Jul 13 12:26:53 PDT 2015

Well...

First, to be getting 5kts at 2000 rpm means you're well over pitched
regardless of which prop you have.  So, you'll be building up carbon in the
elbow like crazy this way.  Even if it seems ok it isn't.  So I'm guessing
your exhaust elbow is probably clogged unless you can rev to 3800 RPM easily
in neutral.  Since your diver says your prop is clean, there are really only
a few things I can think of that can keep you from getting over 2800 rpm
under way.

1:  Over pitched prop
2:  Clogged elbow
3:  Dirty prop  (ruled this one out)
4:  Dirty Primary or Secondary fuel filter

I think #1 caused #2.

-Jeff Hare