[C320-list] Hot water system

David MacKinnon david.mackinnon99 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 31 00:05:44 PDT 2015

Our hot water heater tank appears to be leaking & will need to be removed to check it and the hoses out, to see if that is where it is originating.  We may need to replace all, or part of the system, & I want to see what options we have before we start pulling it out in terms of a replacement.  Can anyone tell me what the Seaward model number & capacity (6Gals?) is/was on a Mk1 as it is undecipherable on our tank? Although I do not anticipate getting another Seaward as a replacement, as it would cost too much to get sent from the US, there are some locally made systems that should be compatible with Seaward models.

Also, can you tell me how to remove the tank as all I can see at the moment, after pulling out the galley drawers & frame, are two screws holding it onto some sort of raised platform.  Obviously there is more to it than that but I cannot see anything obvious. I am also assuming that the hot water exchanger hoses do not need to be blanked off when the tank is out?

Any other advice would be greatly appreciated.

David

David MacKinnon
Figment, #169
Brisbane, Australia