[C320-list] Forum "architecture"

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Fri Jul 31 14:02:45 PDT 2015

Scott

That depends on whether you have chosen to receive a daily digest or individual emails - I have just changed this very minute to individual from a digest and of course in that case you do indeed just get the single message to which it is easy to reply.

I accept that this choice makes for an easier interface. However I still wish folk would delete the vast trail of the entire thread that becomes longer and longer with each message - in this email I have deleted all but your reply to me, below.

My choosing individual emails though, I have  - in forum terms - subscribed to every single thread that is running, whether it is of interest or not, whereas before I would look at the daily digest and just look at the topics of interest.

I accept that different folks like different strokes, and my view may not be the majority view, but I know of at least one guy who cant work out how to post on this list at all (he always emails directly so others miss out on what he might add to the discussion) and the earlier post today showed another guy who is clearly confused.

I’m sorry if I seem critical. I am amazed to find that someone is on 4 of these type of lists - to me it seems such old tech, but a quick search online does show some interesting discussion on the pros and cons of the different architectures and clearly there is still a demand.

It would all be acceptable if you could actually post from the Google Groups archive, then those that prefer a web interface could use that!

Perhaps my analogy of sextant vs GPS was more accurate than I thought. There is still a place for a sextant mid atlantic when the batteries go flat!

Graeme

PS Note how I inadvertently managed to create two threads with similar but not identical titles.