[C320-list] Forum Architecture reply

Dean Vermeire dean at vermeire.us
Fri Jul 31 14:09:03 PDT 2015

One advantage of a web-based forum would be the ability to more easily
include pictures and graphics.  A picture is worth a thousand words, but
takes quite a few more bytes.

To test this, I replied to this thread with a picture of our keel. The
email list automatically intercepts it and holds it, awaiting a
moderator approval.  That makes sense.

Rather than broadcast out megabytes of data to everyone, a web-based
forum can simply email out the link.  When we have questions that are
best answered by a picture, we can always upload the picture to the
Catalina320.com web site, but that is more cumbersome than the web-based
forums.

For what it is worth.

Dean Vermeire
Moonstruck II (#847)