[C320-list] Pointing to the wind

Jeffrey Brown oceanblues at mac.com
Thu Jun 4 09:42:57 PDT 2015

Dick
One more question….if I’m reading this chart correctly our fastest point of sail is wind off the aft quarter, 135 and 225 degrees? That usually our nemesis in races, recently we’ve been experimenting wing on wing when the wind is close to that point which seems to be working better.  At what point do you (or anyone) go wing on wing vs a reach?

Jeff Brown
"Out of the blue" Dana Point, CA
Catalina 320, Hull 78
(949) 350-5123