[C320-list] wheel brake

jim brown jbrown5093 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 22 08:16:03 PDT 2015

Tackled the non functioning wheel brake and as pointed out by several on the list it was two very loose set screws on the shaft. Easily accessible with the compass removed. As advertised it was important to move the shaft into the pedestal as far as possible before tightening the grub screws (there are 2). Many thanks to those who made it an easy fix. Didn't use any loctite- afraid I'd drop the screws into the depths if I took them all the way out. While I had the allen wrenches out I tightened up the bolts on the hub of the wheel. Found several that were very loose.

I also noticed what are apparently holes to grease the wheel shaft needle bearings on each end of the shaft. I can't find anything about them in the Edson manual or on the site. Has anyone added grease here (looks like a silicon type grease)?
Jim BrownDedsfinado #973