[C320-list] Speaking of Rigging...

Chris Burti clburti at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 11:00:20 PDT 2015

Commitment, 2001 #867 has been through at least three direct hits from
hurricanes, innumerable tropical storms and gales. I have been caught in
countless squalls and have seen 50+ knots on the wind instrument several
times. In my sailing ground, seeing gusts in the thirties is a regular
occurrence...all with the OEM rigging and no issues.

Several C-320's have made transatlantic crossings with the OEM rigging.

Unless I intend to sail in the high southern latitudes, just want the extra
useless weight topside or just feel an irrepressible urge to waste money...
I personally will stick with the factory specs when I re-rig. Catalina does
not have a reputation for cutting corners, particularly on safety issues
and I have seen no evidence of it here.

JMHO...YMMV

Chris Burti

--