[C320-list] Additional ignition keys or replacement ignition switch

argates2nd argates2nd at comcast.net
Fri May 1 20:27:52 PDT 2015

I had a new key for Perkins 1995 #182 made at a True Value hardware store in Feb.  It was just like getting any other key made = unremarkable.
Rollie

 	switch </div><div>
found replacement key blanks or replaced their ignition switch that has a
preheat position with an identical switch? The marine tech folks are
suggesting that if I can't find a 4-wire switch like the original that came
with my Seaward panel, that I use the 3-wire switch I purchased from Dennis
Igarashi (for which he gave me four keys, not just two, what a guy!) and add
a separate button for the preheat element.

I started down this road because all I wanted was an extra key in case
something happened to the one and only key I have. Not being able to find
that, I'm now trying to figure out buying a new ignition switch that
operates like the existing one, but that doesn't seem possible either.  As
with all boat things, the simplest things turn out to be the most
complicated, LOL!

Bev Wright
Whoosh #15
Herrington Harbour North