[C320-list] varnishing the sole

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Thu May 14 05:32:59 PDT 2015

One general thing to note about unscrewing woodwork from your boat. I have found that quite often the wood at the edge of the screw hole has expanded over the screw head, so when you undo it it pulls up a splinter of wood.  This is probably more likely on the cabin sole because you tread on it, ‘squeezing’ the wood fibres out over the screw heads maybe?
Anyway i recommend undoing alls crews slowly by hand -  don't make the mistake I did of using a power-driver and watching your floor teak veneer splinter off the backing :-((