[C320-list] Truecharge 40+ tripping GCFI

Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net
Fri May 15 09:42:47 PDT 2015

I went to the boat today and noticed the GFCI tripped and making a clicking sound.  I isolated it to the Charger.  If I open the charger pop fuse/breaker the A/C outlets work fine.
When I run a few things to lower the batteries the charger fan comes on but I get no lights (at all) on the charger.  I checked the voltage without the charger on and also with it on.  It appears to be charging fine at about +/-14 volts.
I just can't run the charger at the same time as the A/C outlets or the GF Breakers trip.  Both work fine alone.
I called OEM and they said to disconnect both Batteries and Shore power for at least 2 hours or overnight.  They reconnect and try it.
Anybody else had this issue?
Worst case I have to start trying to isolate the ground fault.  Could take a while but points to charger.
FWIW: Charger not repairable.
Thanks,
 Scott Westwood scottwestwood at bellsouth.net
H (919)-362-8538C (919)-618-7185