[C320-list] Engine vibration at low RPM. 3GM30

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Tue May 19 05:54:21 PDT 2015

I'm given to understand that one possible cause for low rpm vibration could
be fuel flow either due to an injector or to the high pressure pump. The
test for an injector consists of cracking the nut on an injector to relieve
the pressure. If the vibration worsens, that's not the cylinder. Move to the
next. When opening an injector and the vibration doesn't increase, that's
the cylinder not firing properly. Were it me, I'd have a mechanic do this.

My Perkins of 20 years and 2,000+ hours jumps around on it's mounts whenever
the rpm is below 1k. I try not to do that.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62