[C320-list] Electric Bilge Pump Inline Filter - Good Idea?

Wash, Steve wash at advantageelectronics.com
Tue Nov 3 13:36:20 PST 2015

On our 320 (#1029) no filter was installed.  We had a long crossing on Lake Michigan and the bilge filled halfway with the packing seal drippings.

Our bilge was mounted under the port seat.

I disassembled it and found it had sucked up a small pebble (I have no idea how it got in the bilge) and had lodged in the flapper valve.  It couldn't create a vacuum and couldn't pull water from the bilge.

I don't know why they stopped.  When I bought a back-up pump, it came with a strainer.

Steve