[C320-list] Oil Change on the Hard

Donald Lawson dnclaws at aol.com
Fri Nov 20 10:39:15 PST 2015

Although I do not "winterize" my boat here in So Cal, I do put it away for the winter (ski season).  I installed a 5/8 in Prestone T fitting after the filter used to change coolant in autos. I use a bucket/hose from the cockpit with a water source into the bucket.  I hang the bucket from the boom. The outlet is on the flat bottom.  I could not get a consistent seal between the flat hose fitting and the round bucket. I use it to clean the salt out for the 3-4 months when not in use.
Don "Mandolin Wind"
#1004 2004
3YM30

On Nov 20, 2015, at 10:02 AM, Michael Rauh wrote:

> When I winterize my engine it drinks water at a fairly high rate.  A 5-gallon bucket might last about 2 minutes.
>
> I suggest you have a water hose from your marina pumping fresh water into the bucket or connect the hose directly into the raw water intake hose.
>
> It probably won't matter if the oil is cold.
>
> Mike  "On Your Mark"
> #408  1997
> Yanmar 3GM30F
>

> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Nov 20, 2015, at 12:47, John Meyers <jcmeyers7 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Warm oil is nice and flows easier but not absolutely necessary. Unless it
>> is very cold there.
>>
>> John Meyers
>>

>> On Fri, Nov 20, 2015 at 12:36 PM, Timothy Osburn <tosburn1958 at gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> I pulled the boat a couple of weeks ago but I would like to change the oil
>>> which means I need to start the engine to warm it up.  Fortunately, a
>>> previous owner installed a hose valve attachment to the raw water intake so
>>> I'm assuming I can attach a hose and use a bucket of water.  Has anyone
>>> done this?  Is there anything else I need to be aware of?
>>>
>>> Thanks in advance.
>>>
>>> Tim
>>> Alibi