[C320-list] exhaust blockage

Jeffrey Brown oceanblues at mac.com
Fri Nov 20 10:42:12 PST 2015

Steve
I’m very familiar with this problem. I replaced my elbow about 3 years ago, did the work myself.  Who is your mechanic? The charge of $1000 is probably pretty close, the part itself is about $500 i think.  In the meantime, you can take the elbow off and clean out some of the carbon, that’s what I did while I tracked down the part.  The elbow should have a cavity of maybe 1/2”, can’t remember for sure but mine was so clogged up with carbon buildup it was like a pinhole.  You can use an ice pick to clean it out.

Others have found aftermarket elbows made of stainless steel, but I opted for the original product. Feel free to call me, I’m also in Dana Point.

Jeff Brown
"Out of the blue" Dana Point, CA
Catalina 320, Hull 78
(949) 350-5123