[C320-list] Edson tech support

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Fri Oct 2 08:42:05 PDT 2015

Two possibilities I can think of, the first being my best guess...

1) The bolts may be threaded through an aluminum plate embedded in the
fiberglass.  Typically anywhere you see a raised area without non-skid,
that's an indication that there's an embedded aluminum plate. If that's the
case, you may try unscrewing the bolt from the top.  Ie: where the winches
sit, where the rope clutches on the cabin top are, where the traveler
attaches, etc.

2) The other thought is that the bolts could have been bedded with
polysulfide or something similar during installation and will require some
force to get them to lift. (Unless you're ready to rebed the whole pedestal
maybe it's best not to disturb the bedding material in this case)

If you can't figure out which situation is true and they're leaking just a
small amount, I'd suggest Captain Tolley's Creeping Crack Cure instead.
It'll wick into areas that water won't even get in and thicken up and seal
the leaking areas.  You apply as many drops as will wick into the leak, then
let it stand for the amount of time, then repeat the process as many times
as it takes until drops will not wick into the crack anymore.  Great stuff.

-Jeff Hare