[C320-list] Anyone re-engined with a Vetus?

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 2 09:15:33 PDT 2015

Carl is correct. Graeme's message is about re-powering. I just assumed Vetus meant mufflers.
Check this out: http://www.vetus.com/engines-and-around-the-engine/engines/vetus-marine-diesel-engine-m3-29.html
Looks like lots of well thought out issues. Doncha love Yanmar's approach to mounting the raw water pump facing backwards? Or, Perkins mounting the oil filter horizontally on the block?

Checking further, the Vetus engines are not EPA approved in the US. Not for any technical reasons, just that the EPA paperwork has not been processed. I'm told that the EPA may align the US requirements with the EU in the future, in which case they may become available in the US, again.
Gotta love our bureaucracy. Always there to protect us.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62