[C320-list] Need Portlight Clarification

Timothy Osburn tosburn1958 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 14:54:13 PDT 2015

Sorry to bring up the portlight issue again, but after reading through the
older threads I have a question. I have a 1997 with the split frames and I
made the repairs suggested in the other threads by re-caulking  the gaps at
the beginning of the season.  This seamed to work and fixed the issue (
thanks to everyone who posted the fix ).  However, this nor'easter were
having has exposed that one of the portlights has refused to get with the
program and is leaking a lot.  Based on the amount of water coming in, I'm
guessing that the black gasket around the window opening is the culprit.

So, my question is - Catalina Direct says that their replacement gasket
only works with the newer ports.  Is there another source?  Can I find
something suitable from the hardware store?  Also, I believe a few people
mentioned that replacing this is a pain.  Can someone elaborate?

As always, I appreciate the help.

Thanks.

Tim