[C320-list] Salon Table Pedestal

Ade Bateman lists at adrianba.net
Fri Oct 16 06:49:45 PDT 2015

I recently replaced the pedestal for the table in my 1995 C320 last
December. I ordered the silver version of the pedestal (Z3433) from Catalina
Direct (which they were still selling although it isn't listed separately on
the site any more).
http://www.catalinadirect.com/index.cfm/product/2014/table-pedestal-wgas-spring.cfm

The pedestal is equivalent to the Forespar one
(http://www.forespar.com/products/boat-table-pedestal.shtml) but
considerably cheaper (presumably because it is made by the company Graeme
mentions?) than I could find anywhere else (although it looks like the price
is $100 more than a year ago). Perhaps Forespar would sell just the gas
lift. The flange at the bottom was slightly smaller on the replacement than
the original and they attached to the lift with screws, which my original
didn't have, so that might be why they only sell it as a complete unit.

The good news is that now I don't spill my coffee on a wobbly table! It was
a relatively expensive replacement but I'm glad I did it.

Cheers,

Ade.