[C320-list] Perkins M30 water pump

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 20 06:15:53 PDT 2015

Ditto at about 1500 hrs. Now approaching 2500 hrs. I'm wondering if I'm looking at replacing it again in the near future.

It's always possible that the studs will break before giving way to the wrench. One idea is to use a penetrating oil several times over a period of a day or two, then use an impact wrench to try to urge them out. Harbor Freight will have inexpensive impact tools. A 50/50 mixture of acetone and ATF will suffice as a penetrating oil.

All Perkins parts are expensive in the US. I haven't found it matters who you buy them from. With import duties and multiple handoffs, the prices are what they are. I did find a British company to export an exhaust elbow at a quite reasonable savings and the delivery wasn't unreasonably long.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62