[C320-list] Davits

Mark Calisti mjcalisti at msn.com
Fri Oct 30 04:24:39 PDT 2015

Hello,
I have a few questions on davits.
1) The mfg of our dinghy, SeaEagle, did not recommend thru hull bolts into the plastic floorboards near the bow, but instead use the D rings since it is not RIB. I'm a bit reluctant to connect the bridle that way as it would wrap around the bow of the dinghy rather than vertically straight down. Any thoughts on alternatives?
2) Is a stabilizing bar absolutely necessary between the davit arms? We plan to use straps to control side to side movement to help mitigate the need and allow the arms to be more easily folded when not in use.
3) Anyone install the St Croix 350 davit system? Pleased with them?
Thank you,Mark Calisti749