[C320-list] Mast wiring question

Jeff Hare Catalina at thehares.com
Tue Sep 15 08:04:18 PDT 2015

We just did all that.

Once the mast is pulled, there are two PVC tubes in the front corners of the
mast where the wiring runs to keep it separate and away from the halyards.
One tube goes to the masthead and I think the other goes up to around where
the steaming light is.

The center of the compression tube that runs down through the cabin is
hollow.  There are holes at the base of this under the floorboard just aft
of the compression post.  This is where wires go.  From there it goes under
the floor and up into the port settee where you sit at the nav station.

When you run wires, be sure to chase through some strong rot-resistent twine
to use for fishing future wires through (there may be one there already).

Also while the mast is down, you'll really want to clean out the drain port
in the mast step to keep water from collecting and draining down the wiring
tube into the compression post/bilge.  It won't be obvious, but there's a
small round hole and this leads aft to where the U shaped Bail connects at
the aft side of the mast step.

-Jeff