[C320-list] Battery Jump Starter

Jeffrey Brown oceanblues at mac.com
Mon Sep 28 13:09:48 PDT 2015

After speaking with Dick last week (thanks again Dick) he told me about his backup battery installation for starting the motor should he drain his two 4D batteries.  It sounds like a great setup but a bit beyond my technical capabilities at this time.  However, I was wondering if I could simply use one of those car battery jump starter units, would that work in a pinch as well?  If so, where would I connect it to jump start the engine?  Having a battery backup system for our needs would be for the few trips a year to Catalina.  Our local sailing, when I’ve accidentally drained the battery we’ve been able to just sail back to the slip….of course if there was no wind we would have been in trouble.

Jeff Brown
"Out of the blue" Dana Point, CA
Catalina 320, Hull 78
(949) 350-5123