[C320-list] East coast hurricane

Doug Treff doug at treff.us
Wed Sep 30 11:33:17 PDT 2015

All,

If you live on the US East Coast, I'm sure you've already heard of the
possibility of Joaquin making landfall in the Mid-Atlantic region.

Just a word to the wise - Some insurance companies (Boat US being one)
will cover a portion of your haul-out and relaunch costs if you are in
the cone of a named storm. The "cone" they use as the standard is the
NOAA map linked here:

http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/refresh/graphics_at1+shtml/145429.shtml?5-daynl?large#contents

As you can see at the time of this writing, the east coast from NC to RI
is already in the cone.

Here is Boat US's policy:

_All BoatUS boat policies include "Named Storm Haul-out Reimbursement."
When a boat is in the path of a NOAA-named storm (within the five-day
"cone"), a boater is eligible for 50% of the cost of labor, up to
$1,000, to have the boat professionally hauled, prepared and tied-down
by professionals which includes marina or boat club staff, paid
captains, dock masters or marine surveyors. With BoatUS, a hurricane
haul-out "claim" does not penalize a policyholder._

If you're in an area threatened by this storm, don't wait until the last
minute to get this arranged. My marina already has a waiting list to get
hauled.

--
Doug Treff
Catalina 320 - 1996 - September Song - #350
doug at treff.us