[C320-list] Halyard replacement

Graeme Clark cg at skyflyer.co.uk
Fri Apr 1 00:14:59 PDT 2016

If you don't want to splice, there's a neater knot for this that takes less space enabling the head of the sail to get right to the masthead without the knot fouling the sheaves first!

It's called a halyard knot and a quick google on that will bring up various versions. I prefer the Selden halyard knot as the bitter end lies flatter.

 Depends if you have the tall mast version maybe but 115ft is way too much but gives excess for trimming as discussed. The main halyard I just replaced was 101ft!

Graeme
England, no 366

Sent from mobile: please excuse typos etc.!