[C320-list] Time To Replace Halyards

Warren Updike wupdike at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 3 13:46:37 PDT 2016

Bruce, before going to the cost and effort to replace halyards, make sure the sheaves at the top of the mast are in good condition. Your mast and boom are likely a different brand than on our #62. On ours, the sheaves are plastic and were brittle and in some the edges were cracked or broken. It's not a big deal to open the mast head and replace the sheaves on the ground. A horse of a different color in the air.

Warren and Pattie Updike
1994 C320 "Warr de Mar" #62
Middle River, Chesapeake Bay