[C320-list] Spring Projects

Rick rsulewski at bex.net
Wed Apr 6 16:23:38 PDT 2016

Bill,
1. Suggest you check the discussion list for suggestions about using Gore-Tex (GFO) dripless packing and look over this website: http://gfopacking.com/
2. Applying a liberal amount of simple green or  409 that contains an antifungal or bleach will also do a nice job of removing odors as well as enable you to  wipe up the residue from the water where those areas may be reached. I would be most concerned about running down the sources of water/odors entering the area under the sink and/or reaching below the liner. Again, check the discussion list for several ideas & approaches to identify your problems  by searching with broad key words such as "water leaks" or "smelly water under the sink, or liner", etc.
3. Again, check the discussion list again regarding the bilge pump and pay particular attention to owners who have a hull number near yours so that the appropriate solution is identified. From what you described, you may likely need to replace the bilge pump because that item is the difference between a nuisance issue and a very serious insurance claim and hull rescue/raising if the pump fails while you are away from the boat....
Rick
95' 320 My-Ria,  hull #277