[C320-list] Hatch Leak

Joel Krauska joel at krauska.net
Mon Apr 11 12:19:02 PDT 2016

My front vberth hatch is leaking in the rain. :(

I had the gasket between the glass and the metal replaced.
(they had to pull out and reseat the glass - -which I'm not thrilled with
the bead they put down, but I'm doubtful that's my issue..)

The rain is still getting in.

I'm seeing lots of tiny rubber(?) that's flaking away between the aluminum
and the deck fiberglass.  Is there a standard rubber ring that goes there?

Bomar takes about a week to get back and forth to me.

It looks like replacing the entire hatch would be about $800!

I'm thinking of unscrewing the whole hatch from the deck and getting a
better look. (perhaps cleaning that out and putting down some good
silicone?)

Best,

Joel
Grace