[C320-list] Transmission oil change

Daryl Hunt drhunt at rochester.rr.com
Thu Apr 14 13:36:29 PDT 2016

I'm about to change the transmission gear oil on my Yanmar 3GM30F
(Japan) diesel.  I changed the crankcase oil before haulout last fall
with Shell Rotella T 15W40.  The Yanmar Operators Manual says to use the
same oil for the gear case as the crankcase.  However, my PO left a
quart of CD 30 oil labeled "For Transmission" and a Yanmar (Japan)
manual "Maintenance of Pleasureboat Diesel Engine - GM Series" aboard
specifies CD 10W15 for engine and CD 30 for gear oil.  Since Believe's
engine is the Japan version, I'm leaning toward the CD 30 oil.   Make sense?
--
/fair winds,//
//Daryl Hunt//

---